Vivez Bien * Live Well

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Shopping at Vintage - Etc

Hello to the faithful readers of my blog and welcome to any newcomers! I am still thinking about my next alphabet post....but I'm pleased to report that I'm a few steps closer to an idea for "X" thanks to some of my very creative readers, so don't give up on me!


In the meanwhile, I thought I thought I would address the topic of shopping. I get numerous emails from readers about where they can find the various items of furniture they see in the beautiful homes I feature on my blog. As these homes are from all over the world and I often have no idea where the owners have done their shopping, I can't always provide the info you want, but I can help by letting you in on some of my shopping hotspots!

One of my favourite places for finding those items that fit into the Roses and Rust style is a Cape-Town based shop called Vintage-Etc


They have a great selection of furniture and accessories for almost any room in your home.

 Let's start with the heart of the home, the kitchen.



I had this picture on my blog sometime back and a number of readers commented on the island. If you are looking for an island along these lines....this is what you could find at Vintage -Etc.




Mmmm...very nice.............and well-priced!

How about some kitchen storage something like this...



...or this....



....look no further.... This is what Vintage - Etc can offer.



Perhaps you would prefer a French inspired kitchen like the Garnier one below....



Vintage - Etc have this beauty available....




Perhaps you are thinking about updating your bathroom.... these are some of the bathrooms I have featured previously...



.....you would need to look no further than Vintage - Etc for these gorgeous vanity units





....and this cupboard would be great for storage in your bathroom....the prettier things in the top half and the less attractive items in the bottom half....perfect!


For these and other fantastic buys, both furniture and accessories, visit Vintage - Etc in their new premises at  The Building Centre, Platinum Drive, Northgate Estate, Ysterplaat, Cape Town or visit  their website. The link is also on my sidebar.


Have a happy week further and some good shopping. My next post will definitely be "X" is for .......... after which some more shopping tips might be in order while I think about "Y". 

Till next time


x Sharon






4 comments:

  1. Beautiful and inspiring photos - I wish I lived nearby, I know I would be doing some shopping! And I think I can see where you're going with "X" - and I think I'm going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon...Some of my favorite stores have antiques and vintage items....Vintage -ETC looks like my kind of store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon,
    What beautiful pieces. They remind me very much of Restoration Hardware, the pricing is similar too. Still, it's beautiful furniture and I suspect if you wanted a piece you could do some searching and find a less pricey knockoff. :-)
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what x entails... thatbone has to be a challenge!!

    ReplyDelete