Vivez Bien * Live Well

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A Colourful, Cheerful Home



In my last post, I told you to expect some stalling..... the X part of my alphabet has me somewhat stumped! If I wait long enough, I could do X for Xmas as one reader suggested! In the meanwhile, while I patiently wait for inspiration to strike, I have a lovely house to show you.



Based in Marbella, the house is owned by a Swedish couple, and is an interesting combination of serene Nordic whites mixed with the more colourful hues of Spain, with a French influence thrown into the mix.


I am usually a fan of neutrals, but as we are entering spring here in South Africa, and our gardens are coming to life again, a colourful palette seems appropriate at this time of year. The colour is cleverly added through the scatter cushions and other accessories and could easily be changed. I particularly love the pair of mirrors behind the sofa.


The solid table with its carved pedestal is a nice contrast to the elegant Gustavian chairs. The beautiful beams in limewashed grey give the room a light and airy feel.


The all white kitchen adds a Scandinavian touch to the home and is softened with touches of wood and wicker.




The bedrooms are more subdued. This one has dark grey walls providing a welcome respite from the bright Mediterranean light. I really love these curtains!



This would be a lovely spot for a cup of tea and a good book.

Wishing you a happy week and feel free to send your suggestions for X. (Thanks for those I've already received!). 

Till next time
Sharon x

Images via El Meuble



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful home with lots of light, bright and welcoming!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great home - livable and chic, my favorite combination. Don't think I would never leave the chaise…so warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh....love this home! I'm planning a re~do of my bedroom and that one is just perfection! I tried to find a source list for paint color, bed (looks a lot like the Restoration Hardware one), etc but had trouble with the online Spanish mag. Even put all the descriptions into google translate in hopes of some revelations but not much help. If you have any advice or info on how to find sources on this I would be forever grateful!! Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon,
    What a beautiful home. I like the pops of color with the calming effects of neutral details. The lanterns used throughout are such so pretty.
    Sorry, I have nothing for X but I trust you'll figure it out, you've come up with such unexpected topics for the other letters.
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "X" factor..the "je ne sais quoi" that distinguishes so many of your design choices from mere decor...you do it so very well. It could be your piece de resistance...those rooms or design elements that just "speak to your soul" for some inexplicable reason......

    ReplyDelete
  6. xenodocheionology - love of hotels. You could feature the many extraordinary hotels in South Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello
    just had a few ideas for "x"

    xylophilous.......fond of or growing or living on or in wood

    xanthous.......yellow coloured

    xerophytic.........adapted for a hot dry environment

    Maybe these might be a start and really enjoy your postings...thank you

    Margaret Stephens .....[from a hot dry environment...Australia]

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a happy looking home...love the pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. x could be for kisses :-)
    lovely home, great ambiance and killer lighting.
    debra

    ReplyDelete