Vivez Bien * Live Well

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Kitchen Critique

I'm sure many of you will be heading to your kitchens to cook a wonderful Valentine's meal for those special people in your life. Which of these amazing kitchens would you like to be cooking in?



I love the elegant chairs combined with the rustic table. I love the butlers sink and the big window above it.  I don't love the light fitting or the blind fabric. I would have chosen a beautiful French toile and a crystal chandelier. Or is that too predictable?
 
I love the central island, the pot racks and the beautiful pressed ceiling


This is a different view in the same kitchen. I love the shelves in the background for storage and display, but would maybe have chosen a different light fitting over the table. I also love the wooden floor.


I love the light fittings and the floor, but am not so in love with the barley twist legs on the island.

 
Again I love the light fitting and the amount of light coming into this kitchen. I might have opted for fewer overhead cupboards and linen blinds rather than rattan/bamboo?  


More lovely light fittings and the colour of the island is beautiful. The upholstered stools wouldn't be the most practical option in my household! I would consider painting the beams a lighter colour to make them less oppressive


This is the same kitchen again as in the 2nd picture. The range cooker and copper pots are just fabulous.

This kitchen has quite an interesting layout. The big cooker hood in the middle makes a great feature and I like the industrial look of the island on the right.


Which one is your favourite?




I am linking to the blog below for the newbie party.
http://debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/

Till next time


Sharon x



All kitchen pictures via House Beautiful

12 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon!!
    Great photos for me to stare this morning as I have my first cup of coffee!!! I love love the first photo but I agree with everything you said. Change the lighting and yes add toile to the shade!!! You have great taste!
    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, I can't pick a favorite because I LOVE them all!!! So my taste. Have a great weekend, MArtina

    ReplyDelete
  3. my fav is the scond one! love it! I would prepare lovely valentine goodies all year long!! kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh especially love the hearts at the end!! I can't do clutter in the kitchen, i spend my life wiping down counters as it is!! Also love boards to the floor so NOTHING can disappear under & you can clean to the edge. After living in 7 houses, i have my plan for our kitchen. I can imagine you whip up a delicious meal for your husband & boys, enjoy, mine is away, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sharon...I choose the first kitchen, I choose the silver Range in the 8th image..to go with this kitchen!
    thank you for sharing, and hope you have a gorgeous Valentine dinner...we will be doing a picnic with Sushi next to the Eerste Rivier...
    xo Colette ~ Afrique du Sud

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the 2nd one the best because it's a little bit country and a bit more simple than most of the others. I found you through Debbiedoo's. I'm following you now. Come be my bloggy friend!

    Melanie
    www.youmadethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sharon,
    Wow you are sharing some wonderful kitchens here! Love all the inspiration!

    Thanks for visiting me and leaving me a comment. But I really had to do some hard work to find your blog and pay a return visit. Normally I can just click on the name of a blogger in my email inbox and it leads me straight to their profile page. But you have that link disconnected. Maybe that's intentional and that's just fine, but if you want to be found easier it might be a good idea to change the settings to your profile. (on your dashboard click edit my profile and then put a mark in the box 'share my profile').
    And I would have told you this in an email, but you have not clicked on "show my email" either, so you are a ".
    Again I don't want to be telling you what to do, it's just I thought you might not know that you are making it harder to find you. Just trying to help.
    Take care!
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some gorgeous kitchens! Thanks for joining in on the newbie party. See you on a weekly basis until you no longer meet the criteria. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi!! I'm here from Debbie's party!
    I agree with your comments on these kitchens!! They are all gorgeous, but I too can pick a little something out of each of them!!
    Love to have any one of them!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are some great kitchens! A paradise for a someone like me who looooves to cook (and eat!)...most of all I liked the 2nd from top and bottom, which are the same...because of the comfy feel and the light....also they remind me of French country kitchens..which is a good thing, I guess :)

    I am visiting from Debbie's party and became a follower! Drop by my blog and do the same if you please :))

    Have a wonderful week,

    http://styleidoscope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I WANT that kitchen with all the shelves.
    I love it!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Nice to meet you!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete