Vivez Bien * Live Well

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Why Roses and Rust?



I pondered for a long time on what to name my blog. I finally settled on "Roses and Rust" (I actually wanted "Rust and Roses" but it was already taken!). To me, roses epitomise beauty, elegance and perfection whereas rust signifies old, weathered,  battered and messy. I love the contrast between the two and I love having both elements in my home (although maybe not the messy part!).These photos are taken around my home and garden although the roses are from my sister's garden, sadly not my own!

                                     




The rusty old table above was found at a junk shop - a present from my husband and one of my favourites.











This rusty piece was found at a flea market
.







Till next time


Sharon x

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your lovely comment Sharon! How beautiful are all those roses?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. I love your blog name and the sentiment behind it. Great photos, too. I will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blog name. I like it a lot, and what it represents!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete